I got a Sunshine Blogger Award from Ceridwensilverhart from Illuminating the Fool’s Mirror. I like to thank her very much! She has a super interesting blog about mythical creatures, fairies, everything that has to do with things not as we know them. Reading her blog is really relaxing as she provides a well-researched background, has a good writing style and the subjects are ‘extra’ as in ‘out of this world’. Her last post was about ‘Kelpies’ that could be known as water-horses but aren’t. If you want to know more, please check her blog out and say hi.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
- How do you like your eggs? If you’re allergic or don’t like eggs, what style of egg most repulses you? I can’t eat eggs as they upset my digestive system, let’s not describe that further. I was never able to eat them without consequences although I tried. I like my eggs to be boiled soft, with some salt on top and eat them with pieces of bread that we call ‘soldiers’. I don’t know if that is an universally accepted term.
- What is your opinion of squirrels? When I was a teenager, a long long time ago, I watched a movie called ‘Black Death’ it was a B-movie on the tv. A girl was travelling and she fed a squirrel and touched it. She became ill with the plague. She spread the disease while travelling by airplane and some sort of pandemic happened. I loved that movie, but my love for squirrels went out of the window because of that.
- If you come to a fork in the road, what do you do? When travelling, you can chose the road less traveled by and it can make a world of a difference.
- Are you afraid of the dark? Not really. I find the dark of the nighttime very relaxing. I do love the dark because you can lighten it up with little lights. I love candles, evening noises, a summer night, nightly creatures, Halloween, midsummernight (when animals can talk). I like heavy clouds and Christmas. I like bonfires and evening walks. Everything is just more relaxed at night. When all the hustle and bustle of the day is over, I can truly relax.
- What is the dark? For me the dark is the opposite of what I summed up above. While in depression all I saw was ‘the dark’ with no light in sight. That kind of dark without end is unpleasant to me and I never knew it could be so all consuming.
- Which of these is the most magical: snow, mist, or rain? That is a difficult one, it depends on where I am. I like snow to go hiking in the woods, especially on the 1st of January. Everything is quiet and the snow crisp. Rain can be so soothing when swimming in the sea. I love to listen to the rain on my window when I lie in bed. I feel safe then. Mist is magical around castles, water wells and historical sightseeing. If I need to choose I like snow the most. Snow in the woods.
- If you went on a magical quest and got to pick a companion, would you rather have a human, a supernatural being, an animal, or a machine? I would prefer an animal as I believe they are just way smarter than all of us, machines and maybe supernatural beings.
- Name a book, movie, or other story that you think more people should know about. The short story about the chicken and the duck. I love stories about chickens. I will write it down into a post because it will be too long to post it here.
- If you could create a new blogging tool, what would it be? A tool that automatically displays credits of the pictures you use in your post. No chance of forgetting it and no need to put extra effort in looking it up.
- Have you ever seen one of the following: a solar or lunar eclipse, Northern or Southern Lights, the Milky Way, or a meteor shower? I’ve seen a solar eclipse in Africa. It was magical, we were hiking. Everything became cold and more silent. Roosters began to make noise and for a moment there was such a strange energy. All the animals knew that something was happening. It went more cold and completely silent. Image the jungle being silent. I also saw the Milky Way in Australia, beautiful, you can look at it for hours, it’s like a sea of stars. Very peaceful and romantic.
- If someone offered you immortality, would you take it? No, dying is a experience inherent to life. I would not like to miss out on that one.
- Are there any laws or social rules that completely baffle you?
- Are you useful in a crisis?
- Do you believe in magic? When have you felt it?
- If you could have tea with one fictional character, who would it be?
- What’s one dream that you’ve tucked away for the moment? How come?
- When was the last time you astonished yourself?
- What’s your favorite way to waste time?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- What do you bring with you everywhere you go?
- Where is the worst place you have been stuck for a long time?
- How do you feel at the moment about blogging?
Everybody who likes to answer my questions, please do. I don’t have a clue who to nominate as some of my friends here, don’t really participate in blogger awards (yes, you know who you are 🙂 ) and I can’t come up with 11 other blogs of which I know that they will. It is just such a weird time. You can also answer some questions in the comments if you like because I am still curious about your answers!
Picture credits click here.