I received my second Sunshine Blogger Award from Hilary from Sereneluna. Thank you so much! Hilary runs a fun blog and has some good tips on how to deal with anxiety. She is very kind, so I would recommend to go over at Sereneluna and have a look for yourself.
Rules for the award
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
- What year did you start blogging? My first post was written in October 2018. After a long break I posted in July and then slowly started posting regularly in September 2019.
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging? That I’m not alone with my thoughts, story and experiences. That you can find a great deal of comfort in other people’s story and that people are not perfect at all. I was really surprised by the variety of stories and how open some people are on their blog. It helped me to open myself up to others without being utterly embarrassed.
- What time of day do you blog most often? For me it works best first thing in the morning.
- Are you a morning lark or a night owl? I feel at best in the morning but not too early though! Between 7 and 8 is a good time till 11. In the afternoon, early evening is not my time but from 21 o’clock I have some new ideas what to do. I don’t know if I fit in any category, it really depends.
- What is the first thing you do after waking up? PPPP …. Prepare coffee! I love my cup of coffee.
- Is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Why or why not? For me not really but it depends how your day looks like. When I do have the time I enjoy a brunch the most. Naturally I don’t eat in the mornings, my first bite would be in the afternoon. But I eat larger portions then. When the day is packed, I start with oats, granola and fruit. And coffee. A lot of coffee.
- What is your favorite social media platform and why? That must be WordPress for now 🙂 I like YouTube because I can listen to almost all the music I like.
- Do you drive a car? Nope. I ride the bicycle.
- What does luxury mean to you? I like this question very much. As of lately I appreciate space and silence. I think in this day and age it is a real luxury to be able to live in a space that is ‘big’ enough for you and your family. The luxury is to have a garden maybe, if you want to have a dog like me. I live in small apartment for more then a decade now and I feel like I’m being confined too much, I can’t live my dream. I grew up in an apartment and played the violin. I wanted to learn the drums or to play the contrabas but for the one the apartment wasn’t a fit and for the other the car was too small. When I say ‘to have’ space I don’t mean a big villa or something exuberant. I mean the space to feel free and to have the possibility to enjoy what you would like to do. The second one is silence. I feel that a silent place is more and more difficult to find. Again, this may stem from my current living situation. Living in an apartment I hear what my neighbors are doing, the good, the bad and the ugly. There is a lot of traffic during the day, that is not the worst, I get that that’s normal. At night there are students who party a little. I’m happy that people do party and I wish them all well but sometimes I love to hear nothing, to be able to enjoy the silence and I feel like that is the ‘new luxury’.
- Who is your role model? Cliché but strong women; Rosa Parks, Frieda Kahlo, Tina Turner. Women who manage to take care of their families, who go not one but 100 extra miles to do what is needed. Women who manage to care for themselves while having more difficult circumstances in life. I do admire them.
- What is your job/career/profession? I’ve worked in a psychiatric hospital for the last 13 years and am currently on the lookout for a new challenge.
- If you could, would you turn back time?
- What is an expression you use quite often?
- What is your favorite fairy tale?
- What is the trait you are most proud of?
- Where do you find inspiration for your blog?
- What languages do you speak?
- What do you dislike most about blogging?
- What subjects in a conversation are so boring to you that you could fall asleep standing?
- What do you love to talk about?
- Do you have habits that can be considered as a little out of the norm?
- Which trend needs to stay in 2019?
My nominees *drums please*
- The 3H: Health, Happiness, Healing.
- Illuminating The Fool’s Mirror.
I’m looking forward to read your answers!